We are back from the break! We are completely different but also pretty much the same so come along and learn about mucus seeds, pink cotton, dandelion physics and a play performed by two very much non-actors.
- Ethereal New Plant Species Doesn’t Use Photosynthesis – It’s Found Something Sneakier
- “Pink cotton candy” – A new dye‐free cotton – Li – Plant Biotechnology Journal – Wiley Online Library
- Research Progress of Betalain in Response to Adverse Stresses and Evolutionary Relationship Compared with Anthocyanin
- Flower patterns improve foraging efficiency in bumblebees by guiding approach flight and landing – Richter – Functional Ecology – Wiley Online Library
- armor or invisibility cloak? Mucilage‐bound sand physically protects seeds from rodents and invertebrates – LoPresti – Journal of Ecology – Wiley Online Library
- Genomic analysis of an ultrasmall freshwater green alga, Medakamo hakoo | Communications Biology
- Cytological Evidence of Cell-Nuclear Genome Size of a New Ultra-Small Unicellular Freshwater Green Alga
- Smallest known freshwater green algae, Medakamo hakoo, discovered
- Warming-induced changes of broccoli head to cauliflower-like curd in Brassica oleracea are regulated by DNA methylation as revealed by methylome and transcriptome co-profiling | Molecular Horticulture
- Why dandelion seeds are so good at spreading widely
- Environmental morphing enables informed dispersal of the dandelion diaspore | eLife
- Three dialogs between a Professor and a student who performed an experiment without including controls – KamounLab
- The Lost History of Cat Domestication Can Finally Be Told : ScienceAlert
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!