They trained dogs to search for underground orchids and we trained ourselves to talk about it. Amazing.
- The first evidence of microplastics in plant-formed fresh-water micro-ecosystems: Dipsacus teasel phytotelmata in Slovakia contaminated with MPs
- ‘Like finding life on Mars’: why the underground orchid is Australia’s strangest, most mysterious flower
- PROFILE | MAREE ELLIOTT
- To protect this rare underground orchid, researchers are keeping its location top secret – ABC News
- NOTES ON AUSTRALASIAN ORCHIDS 6: A NEW SPECIES OF Rhizanthella (DIURIDEAE, SUBTRIBE PRASOPHYLLINAE) FROM EASTERN AUSTRALIA
- Rhizanthella gardneri – Wikipedia
- Rampant Gene Loss in the Underground Orchid Rhizanthella gardneri Highlights Evolutionary Constraints on Plastid Genomes – PMC
- Pando’s pulse: Vital signs signal need for course correction at world-renowned aspen forest
- Identification and quantification of giant bioaerosol particles over the Amazon rainforest | npj Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Palynology – Wikipedia
- The Effect of Species Soybean Vein Necrosis Orthotospovirus (SVNV) on Life Table Parameters of Its Vector, Soybean Thrips (Neohydatothrips variabilis Thysanoptera: Thripidae)
- Sorting of mitochondrial and plastid heteroplasmy in Arabidopsis is extremely rapid and depends on MSH1 activity | PNAS
- Social networks in the single cell | Journal of Experimental Botany | Oxford Academic
- Altered collective mitochondrial dynamics in the Arabidopsis msh1 mutant compromising organelle DNA maintenance
- Daily briefing: Most US professors went to the same few universities
- The Story of the 2021 World Lemur Festival Logo
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!