Would you trust us if we spoke badly about cheese? This, and other science facts in our newest plant science show for you!
- WELCOME BACK! (our story about the great mistletoe)
- A seed‐like proteome in oil‐rich tubers – Niemeyer – The Plant Journal – Wiley Online Library
- Cyperus esculentus – Wikipedia
- Cyperus rotundus – Wikipedia
- Amborella – Wikipedia
PAPER(S) of the Week
- The colonisation of land was a likely driving force for the evolution of mitochondrial retrograde signalling in plants
- The GENOMES UNCOUPLED1 protein has an ancient, highly conserved role but not in retrograde signalling
- The forgotten organelle – Plants and Pipettes
- Self-pollinating plant shows rapid loss of genetic variation — ScienceDaily
- Spatially patterned hydrogen peroxide orchestrates stomatal development in Arabidopsis | Nature Communications
- How death’s-head hawkmoths manage to fly straight in the dark | Science News
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!