Sometimes, technology makes our lives better. On other occasions, it makes it much harder. This week was one of those times, the recording equipment failed on us. We still did a fun show full of cool plant science, it just doesn’t sound as nice. Sorry!
- Indigofera tinctoria – Wikipedia
- Isatis tinctoria – Wikipedia
- Indigo dye – Wikipedia
- Eliza Lucas – Wikipedia
- South Carolina Gardener, Botanist, & Agriculturalist Eliza Lucas Pinckney (1722-1793)
- The Gullah: Rice, Slavery, and the Sierra Leone-American Connection
- Phytotelma – Wikipedia
- Aquatic islands in the sky: 100 years of research on water‐filled tree holes – Petermann – 2022 – Ecology and Evolution – Wiley Online Library
- Facts Are No Longer Convincing. Research Suggests You Should Say This Instead
- Personal experiences bridge moral and political divides better than facts | PNAS
- Flower shape and size impact bees’ chances of catching gut parasites | Science News
- Effect of water availability on volatile‐mediated communication between potato plants in response to insect herbivory – Vázquez‐González – Functional Ecology – Wiley Online Library
- An oxygen-sensing mechanism for angiosperm adaptation to altitude | Nature
- The US Navy Put Cameras on Dolphins And The Results Are Wild : ScienceAlert
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!