This week, we learn something new: have you heard about apomictic propagation? Well, now you have. We also bring the hottest news from the plant science world.
- Breaking Boundaries: The Science of Our Planet | Official Trailer | Netflix
- Variation of Residual Sexuality Rates along Reproductive Development in Apomictic Tetraploids of Paspalum | HTML
- Tasting my First Babaco Fruit
- The Many Uses of CRISPR: Scientists Tell All – The New York Times
- Cellulose photonic pigments | Nature Communications
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine — ScienceDaily
- A hybrid inorganic–biological artificial photosynthesis system for energy-efficient food production | Nature Food
- New species of alga named for poet Amanda Gorman — ScienceDaily
- Read the full text of Amanda Gorman’s inaugural poem ‘The Hill We Climb’
- Ethanol induces heat tolerance in plants by stimulating unfolded protein response | SpringerLink
- The genomic basis of the plant island syndrome in Darwin’s giant daisies | Nature Communications
- Scalesia pedunculata – Wikipedia
- First reported case of a person getting COVID from a cat
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!