Hi! Would you like some cool plant facts? We have a fresh new paper about biofortified tomatoes that give you your daily dose of vitamin D, a new oldest tree and an explanation of why catnip likes to be a cat bed.
- Biofortified tomatoes provide a new route to vitamin D sufficiency | Nature Plants
- Epigenetic features drastically impact CRISPR-Cas9 efficacy in plants
- New CRISPR-combo boosts genome editing power in plants — ScienceDaily
- ‘Hey, tree. You are my friend’: Assessing multiple values of nature through letters to trees
- Is this the oldest tree in the world? | Live Science
- Engagement with indigenous people preserves local knowledge and biodiversity alike: Current Biology
- Photoreceptors’ gene expression of Arabidopsis thaliana grown with biophilic LED-sourced lighting systems | PLOS ONE
- Research reveals the science behind this plant’s blue berries — ScienceDaily
- Catnip Turns Out to Have a Hidden Effect You Probably Don’t Know About
- Domestic cat damage to plant leaves containing iridoids enhances chemical repellency to pests
- Chewed and Rolled: How Cats Make the Most of Their Catnip High
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!