Would you swap your cat for a praying mantis? What about a nice house plant? This week, we are asking the big questions. Also news from plant science, a new biggest plant has been found and more potent cannabis from Israel.
- Shiso – Wikipedia
- Beast — Aradhita Para
- Telescoping effect – Wikipedia
- Scientists discover ‘biggest plant on Earth’ off Western Australian coast | Environment | The Guardian
- Extensive polyploid clonality was a successful strategy for seagrass to expand into a newly submerged environment
- Water makes tree branches droop at night — ScienceDaily
- Boosting THC in cannabis plant using a virus – Green Prophet
- Changes in Cannabis Potency over the Last Two Decades (1995-2014) – Analysis of Current Data in the United States
- Touch signaling and thigmomorphogenesis are regulated by complementary CAMTA3- and JA-dependent pathways
- Molecular phylogenies map to biogeography better than morphological ones | Communications Biology
- Are people swapping their cats and goldfish for praying mantises? New research sheds light on the pet insect market and its implications on biodiversity conservation — ScienceDaily
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!