It’s our belated easter episode! We talk about the Queen of Vegetables, the mighty eggplant. We filled almost an hour with eggplant facts, factoids and words that merely resemble a fact from a distance.
- Why is Eggplant a Berry? (ANSWERED)
- Delphinidin – Wikipedia
- Antioxidant activity of nasunin, an anthocyanin in eggplant peels – ScienceDirect.
- Scrapped but not neglected: Insights into the composition, molecular modulation and antioxidant capacity of phenols in peel of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) fruits at different developmental stages
- Value-Added Lager Beer Enriched with Eggplant ( Solanum melongena L.) Peel Extract
- Utilization of food processing wastes of eggplant as a high potential pectin source and characterization of extracted pectin – ScienceDirect (Pectin source)
- Micro- and nano-structures of cellulose from eggplant plant (Solanum melongena L) agricultural residue – ScienceDirect
- Why is an Eggplant Called That? (ANSWERED)
- File:Eggplant with chicken eggs.jpg – Wikimedia Commons
- YPS Fanpage: Gimmicks: Der Ostereierbaum
- Eggplants Contain Nicotine | Office for Science and Society – McGill University
- This Eggplant Parm at Scalini’s Restaurant in Atlanta Is Famous for Inducing Labor | Bon Appétit
- He–Ne laser accelerates seed germination by modulating growth hormones and reprogramming metabolism in brinjal | Scientific Reports
- Ask The Editors: Is Raw Eggplant Poisonous? | HuffPost Life
- About the Nagoya Protocol
- Genetically modified brinjal – Wikipedia
- Successful Commercialization of Insect-Resistant Eggplant by a Public–Private Partnership: Reaching and Benefiting Resource-Poor Farmers
- Whose germplasm is it?
- The Impacts of GM Foods: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial of Bt Eggplant in Bangladesh – Ahmed – 2021 – American Journal of Agricultural Economics – Wiley Online Library
- Plastid transformation in eggplant
- A high-quality chromosome-level genome assembly reveals genetics for important traits in eggplan
- Genetic engineering of eggplant accumulating β-carotene in fruit
- Plastid transformation in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.)
- A high-quality chromosome-level genome assembly reveals genetics for important traits in eggplant
- Genetic Engineering of Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.): Progress, Controversy and Potential
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!