We begin this week with a looooong discussion about the movie “Little Joe”. It’s fun (talking about the movie, not the movie itself. Don’t watch it). Also we have new research about epimutagenesis, grain-free ice cream and the benefits of weeds.
- Oxytocin – Wikipedia
- Little Joe (film) – Wikipedia
- Bypassing reproductive barriers in hybrid seeds using chemically induced epimutagenesis | The Plant Cell | Oxford Academic
- Imprinting of the Polycomb Group Gene MEDEA Serves as a Ploidy Sensor in Arabidopsis
- Exclusive: Kew treehouse contest winners revealed
- TikTok for physics: influencers aim to spark interest in science
- Weeds Act 1959
- Grainy ice cream is unpleasant. Plant-based nanocrystals might help | Science News
- Interaction between Cymbidium aloifolium and Apis cerana: Incidence of an outlier in modular pollination network of oil flowers
- Your Houseplants Really Can Impact Indoor Air Quality, Depending on The Pollutant
- Potted plants can remove the pollutant nitrogen dioxide indoors | SpringerLink
- Medicago’s homegrown, plant-based COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada | CBC News
- You Can Buy A GMO Pink Pineapple That Looks Like It’s Made Of People | IFLScience
- Evolutionary Biology and Gene Editing of Cat Allergen, Fel d 1 | The CRISPR Journal
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!