This is our final episode – before we have to go on a break because Joram can’t stop procreating and will have to raise yet another newborn human. Enjoy this short fun episode about Marianne North, the Holmes effect and not one but two plant hormones that made the news.
- Marianne North Gallery | Kew
- Marianne North
- Marianne North defied Victorian convention to paint world’s flowers
- Nepenthes northiana – Wikipedia
- They Still Live in the Shadow of Theranos’s Elizabeth Holmes
- Plants evolved complexity in two bursts — with a 250-million-year hiatus
- Tomato In Japan Is First CRISPR-Edited Food In The World To Go On Sale
- Full article: The effects of GABA in plants
- Yeast and bacteria together biosynthesize plant hormones for weed control: Synthetic strigolactones could also improve nutrient uptake in crops
- Why can’t house cats roar?
- Plant Book Club
We will be on a break for some time after this episode. We’re looking forward to talking to you about plant science again in the not-so-far future!
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!