I said hey, what’s going on? We’re more or less vaxxed, we’re excited about summer and we’re bringing plant facts! We’re diving deep into epigenetics, discuss climate fixes and talk for a surprisingly long time about marsupial genitalia. The usual.
CRISPR-based targeting of DNA methylation in Arabidopsis thaliana by a bacterial CG-specific DNA methyltransferase
Basudev Ghoshal, Colette L. Picard, Brandon Vong, Suhua Feng, Steven E. Jacobsen
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Jun 2021, 118 (23) e2125016118; DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2125016118
- Photo contest by the Canadian Phytopathological society (submitted by Sara)
- holly draws — comics
- Holly McKelvey (@holljmck)
- ‘Quick fixes’ to the climate crisis risk harming nature
- Human-food feedback in tropical forests
- Nectar non-protein amino acids (NPAAs) do not change nectar palatability but enhance learning and memory in honey bees
- A plant-based diet may lower severity of COVID-19 infection by 73 per cent
- Chromothripsis as an on-target consequence of CRISPR–Cas9 genome editing (nature.com)
- Chromothripsis as an on-target consequence of CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing (bioRxiv)
- Echidnas Have Four-Tipped Penises, And Scientists Want to Understand Why
- SEDUCE ME: Duck | From Green Porno’s Isabella Rossellni
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!