After a week off, we’re back with some cool facts from the world of plants and gulls. Did you know that gulls know your every move? There are probably some on the roof as we speak. They see you when you’re sleeping, they know when you’re awake. You better not pout, you better not cry. Sea gulls are coming to town.
- Spanish moss is not a moss.
- Thekla Resvoll, her photo in pants
- Uncertainty enhances the preference for narcissistic leaders
- Uncertainty enhances the preference for narcissistic leaders BARBORA NEVICKA*, ANNEBEL H. B. DE HOOGH, ANNELIES E. M. VAN VIANEN AND FEMKE S. TEN VELDEN University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- The controversy of the Nature Comms article on mentoring, summarised
- COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool
- Growing plants on mars is not as easy as in the Martian
- The temperatures they are a-changing paper
- Gulls track us
- There is no such thing as a sea gull
- The paper about ecology and evolution and their political statements in the funding section
- Giant Virus genomes found in algae
- Pandora Virus
- Black in Science Communication
- Atomic Kitten (by Randall Munroe)
Check out the Plant Book Club on Drunken Botanist by Amy Stewart!
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!