Some weeks we talk a lot about plant science, some weeks we explore a lot of plant-science-adjacent topics. You be the judge of what happened this week.
Tegan’s favourite plant is Chlorella ohadii which is extremely resistant to excess light. New paper, old paper and news article.
Joram presents the work of Maria N. Miriti.
- Hidden figures in ecology and evolution, Nature correspodence
- Intersectional feminism, UN women
- Related: Too many senior white academics still resist recognizing racism, by Namandjé Bumpus
Bias: Zeigarnik effect; (related) Ovsiankina effect
- 10 tips when talking to people about conspiracy theories
- Hygiene theater, The Atlantic
- “Masks, social distancing, and moving activities outdoors. That’s it. That’s how we protect ourselves. That’s how we beat this thing.”
- Smallest dinosaur is actually a lizard
- Publishers: let transgender scholars correct their names
- Drought deciduous plants
- Mola Mola Meme (don’t trust this)
Andrew Lloyd Webber annoyed at James Cordon’s ad libs in his song as Bustopher Jones.Awesome Getty museum challenge photos. The cat picture in question.
Make sure to check out The Plant Book Club in your podcast app!
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!