We’re super happy to have a special guest with us this week. Aly Baumgartner is a paleontologist with a specialty in paleobotany. With her, we talk about how to find plant fossils, how to analyse them and so much more about the fascinating world of plant based paleontology.
- Aly’s first author paper we mention on the show
- The cool 80s collab paper we mention
- Plumology (FEATHERS) with Dr. Allison Shultz — alie ward
- Rahab N Kinyanjui, on twitter @rkinyanji
- Phytoliths on Plants and Pipettes Instagram
- A truckload of fossils on Aly’s instagram
- Aly on instagram
- Aly on twitter
- Aly on YouTube
- What is a Herbarium? | A New Way to Museum
- What is a Fruit? | A New Way to Museum
Thanks again to Dr. Aly Baumgartner for taking the time to talk to us about paleobotany.
Check out the new episode of the Plant Book Club!
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!