Joram is tired, Tegan has been singing – a perfect storm for some (plant) science! We discuss the story of Artemisia absinthium, talk about the woes of single-named scientists and bring you the hottest science facts from the last seven days.
- Tegan’s favourite song of the day
- Beastie Boys – Fight for your right (revisited)
- Joram’s favourite plant is Artemisia absinthium
- Tegan talks about the struggles met by scientists with non-Western names
- Nature article
- Shera’s blog
- Ardiantiono on researchgate
- Give South Indian Authors their true name (Nature article)
- Names dropped to avoid prejudice (Nature article)
- Scientific publishing: Identity crisis (Nature article)
- Naïve realism & Naïve cynicism
- How to measure the speed of light using a microwave and a chocolate bar
- Fish eggs can survive being eaten by ducks
- Cat imitating human?
It’s Black in Microbiology Week!
Make sure to check out The Plant Book Club in your podcast app!
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!